Raids 2 in old school Runescape, also known as Theatre of blood osrs Guide, is a linear (non-random) raid, considered one of the very best ways to earn money. We decided to put together this TOB guide since there is a lot of interest in learning this end-game content.
This comprehensive Theatre of Blood guide for OSRS provides you with comprehensive information on mastering raids 2 as quickly as possible. In addition to beginners, this guide can be useful to players who have already visited the theatre of blood and want to refresh their memory.
Theatre Of Blood – Getting Started Place of Theatrical Blood
In the south-east corner of Morytania is the Theatre of Blood. The Drakan’s Medallion can be used by players to teleport here after they have completed a taste of hope. In addition, players can pay 10K for a boat to the theatre of blood by using their ectopia to teleport to the ectofunctus.
- An attack of 90+
- A Strength of 90+
- The defence is 90+
- Ranging from 90+
- Magic score of 95+ (ice barrage)
- 77+ Prayer rigors and inaugurations
Requirements of the gear
Depending on your budget, the equipment you need for Theater of Blood osrs can range from elite void tribrids (best for learning) to armadyl and ancestral switches as well as bandos with void range. Your gear should be worth at least 50M.
You should choose the following items for a minimum setup: Void melee, Void boots, Void dragon defender, tentacle whip, Amulet of Torture, Berserker ring (i), and a fire cape.
Your inventory will consist of: void range helm, void mage hood, Blowpipe, trident, bandos godsword, ava’s accumulator (assembler highly recommended), necklace of anguish, crystal halberd (bloat specs), salve amulet (100% needed), rune pouch with barrage runes and the rest of your inventory will consist of 2 super combats, 2 ranging potions, 3 super restores and the saradomin brews.
The best in slot TOB gear guide has more information about gear.
Also Try: Osrs barrows guide
Setup of inventories
Here are the items you should have in your inventory:
- Inventory example for Theatrical Blood. Spec weapons, range switches, magic switches, salve amulets, rune pouches, barrage runes, super combat potions, ranging potions, super restores, and saradomin brews are recommended.
- Switching between ranges (examples: assembler, void range helm, blowpipe, anguish)
- Various types of magic switches are available, including the void mage hood and trident of the swamp
- A weapon that reduces defense: DWH/BGS
- The weapon for the Blood Spec is the Crystal Halberd/Dragon Claws
- An amulet for protecting against bloat
Barrage rune pouch (blood, death, water)
Booster potions for combat
Potions of varying potency
Potions that restore superpowers
Brews brewed with silodosin
Dying within the Theatre of Blood
In theatre of blood rooms, when the player dies inside a room, the player is taken to a spectator seat until the team finishes the room. The next room will be open to you if they succeed. In the event that all of your team members die (team wipe), you will all be ejected from the theatre of blood and will have to retrieve your items from the chest outside. It will cost you 100K.
It is imperative that you collect your belongings as soon as possible. The unclaimed items will be lost forever in the event that the victim dies once more (outside the theater of blood).
This isn’t the first time someone PKs right after wiping on a game of theatre of blood, not fun.
If they die inside the theatre of blood in OSRS, hardcore ironmen will lose their hardcore status.
Points and rewards in the Theatre of Blood
As a result of the revelation, Osrs Theatre of Blood’s invisible point system has been revealed. Players can use these points to purchase supplies midway through the game.
|Participating in each room||3|
|Most DMG on Maiden||2|
|Most DMG on Bloat||2|
|Most DMG on Nylocas Boss||1|
|Most DMG on Xarpus||2|
|Most DMG on each Verzik Phase||2 (per phase)|
|After Verzik||-8 (your starting points get removed once Verzik is defeated)|
Purple items have the following drop rates:
|Scythe of Vitur||1/19|
|Avernic Defender Hilt||8/19|
Keeping TOB on the Cutting Edge
Here are some useful links to get you started with the theatre of blood.
- We do raids discord
- OSRS WIKI
- Shadow Realm Maze Simulator
- Theatre of Blood Cheat Sheet
- 1-minute TOB Guides by XZACT
A complete OSRS guide to Theatre Of Blood
A Boating Guide
for the Nylocas
Guide to Sotetseg
Guide to Xarpus
A guide to Verzik
A Guide to The Sugadinti (TOB)
A Quick Guide to the Theatre of Blood (Maiden)
- Prayer is always the best
- preparation for DWH/BGS
- maiden blowpipe or bow
- Set Nylocas to 70%, 50%, or 30% when you are new (switch early if you’re not used to it).
- Dodging Blood Attacks
- Stop blood spawns by freezing them.
Blowingpipes with dragon darts are best in slots, although twisted bows or rune darts may be equally effective. Depending on your needs, you’ll need the Sanguinesti staff, Trident of the Swamp, or the Kodai Wand.
DWH / BGS is the spec weapon
Team setup/strategic planning
According to their spawning locations, Nylocas are classified as S1, S2, S3, S4, N1, N2, N3, and N4. Immediately after S1, N1 and N2 spawn are initiated, a manager should be designated to take care of them. During their clumping together in front of the maiden, the remaining nylocas S2 S3 S4 N3, and N4 can be frozen. Tanks can use this approach to heal and finish them off with a blood shower. Continue doing this for each Nylocas spawn. 75%, 50% and 30% respectively
A 3/4 man team setup would look like this:
- N1,N2 are player 1
- S1,S2 are players 2
- The third player is S2,S4 (the tank).
- The fourth player’s DPS (backup freezes)
As soon as you enter the Maiden floor of the theatre of blood, pray mage and attack the maiden twice with your dragon Warhammer spec. It is also recommended to spec two times AFTER other players have used their dragon Warhammer specs.
The tank of a maiden is the person closest to her. If they get too low, someone should be able to take over if the tank is ready to call.
Attacks with special abilities
- are increased by 70%/50%/30% when Nylocas spawns
- Splatter Attack
- Spawning Blood
It’s important to keep an eye on the spawn locations of Nylocas so that you can switch in time. They spawn at 70%, 50%, and 30%. As the Nylocas will heal her if they get to the maiden, you do not want them to reach her. You will want to switch a little prematurely in your first couple of games so that you can make sure not to miss them.
It is important to note that when a red spider reaches the maiden, it will neither heal her nor increase her attacks.
An attack of blood splats
You must step away from two tiles from the Maiden to avoid getting cut by her blood attacks. You will have your prayer drained if the maiden is damaged.
It’s important to note that the more blood attacks you receive, the more blood spawns.
Theatrical Quick Guide (Blood)
- Pray for Range always
- Keep your distance from the bloat
- Provide salve (e) or (ei)
- As soon as bloat stops moving, attack him
- Defend yourself from falling meat
- Spec weapons such as dragon claws, crystal halberds, or crystal halberds can quickly deal damage to bloat
- After the bloat has disappeared, perform four to five attacks. If you’re a beginner, stick to four attacks
- The Salve amulet should be equipped (e)
- Ranged prayer: Overhead
- Sword of Saeldor/rapier/tentacle whip/scythe
- The dragon claw/crystal halberd is the spec weapon
According to me, Blood is the easiest boss in the Theatre of Blood because damage can be totally avoided if no mistakes are made. Moreover, he can be killed relatively quickly (usually 2-4 attacks when standing still).
Bloat should only be attacked once he is still. Wear the salve (e) amulet with pride.
The special attacks of the blood
- If you see bloat, you will be flown by it
- A piece of meat falls from the ceiling
- If you attack him for too long, he will stomp on you.
Before entering the room, ensure that the bloat has moved to the other side. You and your teammates will be attacked by flying insects if he spots you. Their effects are quick and severe. If you have protect from missiles on, the damage will be slightly reduced. Stay out of his line of sight and move around the centerpiece until she stops moving.
The bloody stomp Using your Dragon Claw/Halberd Specs, deal 4-6 melee hits after Bloat has stopped moving. Run around the corner quickly after dealing the 4-6 hits. Bloat can easily deal 80 damage with his Stomp attack if you take too long and become greedy.
Meat that has fallen to pieces
The meat will begin to fall from the sky after the bloat stops moving for the first time. The shadows on the ground indicate where these will end up, so you can prevent them. You can be stunned temporarily by falling meat, which can cause bloat to creep up on you.
A guide to the Nylocas Vasilias (TOB) Guide to Nylocas’ Theater of Blood
- There are different attack styles for each player (for example, if you have four players, two of them will melee).
- If the battle gets out of hand, use mage protection.
- Nilocas should be blasted on pillars by the mage role
- Spec the boss out with your DWH/BGS once it spawns, since it will be in melee form
- Whenever you switchgear, always pray first, that way you’ll stop attacking every time you switch
- your gear, so you won’t get hit by incorrect combat damage
Setting up a team/Strategy
- A mage is the first player
- Range of Player 2
- Melee is the third player
- The fourth player is a melee character that assists the mage.
From 4 different directions, nylocas of different colors will spawn in this room. There are four different attack styles represented by each color. Blue (magic) stands out among the three attack styles: White (melee), Green (ranged), and Green (ranged). For things to run as smoothly as possible, each player should have their own attack style. When there are four players on your team, two should be melee players. If the room becomes too crowded with blue nylons, the melee role needs to be prepared to switch to magic.
Stay away from falling pillars
A majority of the Nylocas will attempt to damage one of the four pillars, you will be hit with 35 damage if one of the pillars is destroyed. It is easy to get combed out if you are not careful with falling pillars, exploding nylon cases, etc. The team can get wiped if all pillars fall. Pay attention to the weakest pillars initially.
New local Boss
At the end of the Nylocas wave sequence, the Nylocas boss appears. The boss always spawns in melee form so you must be prepared to spec that out. Afterward, your character will stop attacking the boss and the boss will assume a random attack style. After this, you should switch your overhead prayer first, then your gear hit two attacks, and then switch back.
As the boss has a 60 hit maximum, any damage you deal will automatically be reflected back at you, healing the boss while having the wrong overhead prayers could very easily combo you out.
Guide to the Sotetseg (TOB)
Here is a quick guide to the Sotetseg Theatre of Blood
- When choosing specs, use at least two DWH specs at the beginning and two after each maze
- prioritizing overhead prayers
- Protect yourself from melee when the boss doesn’t come at you
- By forming a square around the target player, you can share the big red attack among all players.
- There are 66.6% and 33.3% chances for Shadow Maze to spawn.
- There are four attack types: melee, ranged, magical, and typeless
- The number of people in total health is 4000
- The overhead prayer combines a melee attack with a range or mage attack
- Weapons: Twisted bows, scythes, tentacle whips, blowpipes
- Weapon Type: DWH/BGS
Organizing a team/strategic planning
Formation of a melée:
If you’re on a four or three-man team, you should be standing on the cyan-marked tiles.
You should use two Dragon Warhammer specs on the boss upon entering the room to lower its defenses, but you should also leave your team with four specs to use after each maze.
As there is a cap on sotetsegs defense reduction, more than two DWH specs (or one DWH/60BGS DMG) won’t help.
The regular attacks of Sotetseg
It is important to react quickly to the different attacks of this boss. As soon as you come within melee range of him, you should pray melee and, if necessary, switch to magic (red orb) or range (grey orb) based on the orbs he shoots. Players can travel with the same orb, so paying attention and communicating clearly are crucial.
Special Attacks by Sotetseg
- interfere with prayers
- Explosive Bomb (3×3) 115 Max Hit
- in Shadow Maze (66.7%/33%)
Exploding Red Bomb
A big red ball can occasionally be thrown at one of the players by sotetseg, after this all players should gather together in a square to share the damage. Four miles south from the boss are designated for this purpose. As a result of the lack of visibility, there is a high probability of coming out when players are on the same tile. The range of the attack is 3×3.
Formation of the red bombing team of Sotetseg
During the exploding ball attack, an example of team formation was displayed
It is called the Shadow Realm Maze (Sotetseg Maze).
As the players reach 66% and 33%, Sotetseg will teleport them to the maze and assign a leader for the maze. During the maze, only this player will be able to see it; it’s their task to guide the other members through it.
When the maze leader arrives at tile 1, they should wait a few seconds before proceeding quickly through the maze.
Following the path that the leader points out, the rest of the team will attempt to follow. Your team members and you will be damaged if you step on an incorrect tile.
A red tornado begins chasing players from the 4th row of the maze when the first player (not the leader) reaches that point. If you are behind the tornado and end up within 1 square of the tornado, you will be struck with two 44 hits, which is very likely to kill you. It becomes invisible once it hits a player, and then it chases all the other players.
Guide for the Xarpus (TOB)
A quick guide to the Theater of Blood (Xarpus)
- Spread one person per healing spot on the exhumed spots
- As soon as a fight begins, the DWH/BGS Spec should be deployed
- Blood order of Xarpus’ attacks (top left corner of your screen)
- Blowing a pipe or twisting a bow is the best way
- It is not necessary to offer overhead prayers
- Every time a poison attack is coming at you, move two tiles
- Campus will screech if his health falls below 25%, but he’ll never attack him on the side where he’s looking
- If he looks in a new direction, he is hit with 2 whips or 3/4 blowpipes
- The attack style is typeless
- A maximum of 5080 health points is possible
- The overhead prayer is not offered
- Defend yourself with a blowpipe/bow (start) + scythe/whip (health below 25%)
- Special weapon: DWH/BGS
A special attack from Xarpus
- (End of the match) Healing spots exhumed
- Attack of the poison splash
- Staring at someone with the intent
Spots of healing exhumed
Upon entering the room, you will see Xarpus in the center and a randomly appearing green spot of healing on the floor. The healing is similar to the healing performed by pools on Olm. If you stand on it, you will not receive healing (only one player per exhumed). Campus shouldn’t get too high health (5080 maximum) by having players spread across the room (at least one in each corner). When the boss has been specced out, players can move to their corners (if blowpipe).
Attack with poison splashes
When you’ve healed all the healing spots, specialize the boss so that the boss’s magic is reduced, switch to ranged gear, and spread out around the room. Yellow poison balls will be thrown at your square by Xarpus as he attacks you. Whenever you see the ball approaching, you should move 2 tiles away from it.
If you stand on the yellow blob that appears on the floor, your character will suffer poison damage at a rapid rate. The yellow spots do not disappear. You will bounce the splats off of the ground to the player next to you once they hit the ground.
Because of this, you’re often attacked by two attackers at once. It’s vital that you time this attack so that you don’t waste two tiles.
Special attacks in the Theatre of Blood of Osrs Xarpus: How to avoid poison splashes
When Xarpus targets a player for the poison splash attack, the player moves two tiles
Stare Attack with Intent
Under 25% of Xarpus’ health, he will use his intent stare attack. Here the player will want to attack the boss from the middle. Attacking the boss during this phase will result in massive damage, with a maximum hit total of 90. The only way to survive this phase is to pay attention, make quick decisions, and run.
During this phase, you are allowed to use melee gear or a blowpipe. Figure representing Xarpus’ line of sight during the intent stare attack. A diagram illustrating Xarpus’ line of vision during the intent stare attack. Once you leave the room, make sure you grab the Dawn Bringer staff that the skeleton is holding.
(TOB) Guide to Verzik Vitur
Phase I of Theatrical of Blood (Shield phase)
A quick guide to Phase 1 of Verzik (Theatre of Blood)
- Protection from magic overhead prayer
- When the players have completed the two Dawnbringer specs (orbs at the top left of your screen), drop the Dawnbringer behind the pillar.
- You must check the health of your pillars at all times (they can withstand about 3/4 of Verzik attacks before collapsing).
Always protect from mages with overhead prayer
You will be greeted by Verzik, who will be seated on her throne and non-aggressive once you enter her room. When you die, it is customary to drop a few brews so the rest of the team has enough food to continue fighting. Verzik becomes combative when someone talks to her.
The top left corner of your screen will show a cyan health bar during phase one, showing Verzik’s shield is up. Dawn bringer makes a great contribution to the shield phase, as its special attack (35% specialization is required) can deal 150 damage during the shield phase.
As soon as the first player exhausts the specs for his/her staff, he/she should drop it behind a pillar so that the next player can pick it up and use it. Each player should be able to do at least one more spec after they have used their specs, and the first player should have regenerated enough to do it again.
To avoid getting damaged by Verzik, players should hide behind the pillars when not using dawnbringer (always check the health of the pillars first though).
In order to speed up this phase, advanced players will use their regular weapons against the boss. You shouldn’t use these weapons during your first few runs, though.
You should always pay attention to the health of pillars after 4 – 5 attacks from Verzik. Verzik has a chance to combo you out by dealing 60+ damage if you stand next to a falling pillar.
Act 2 of Theatrical Blood (Swing Act)
(Theatre of Blood) Quick Guide to Verzik Phase 2
- Pray overhead that ranged is protected for 35% of the time, then switch to magic
- Movement is more important than DPS
- Verzik can only be hit with one hit using a whip or scythe (see gif)
- You should freeze Nylocas as soon as they spawn
- Verzik must be below 35% to be prayed for, and then focus on the red nylocas, never allowing your focus to be diverted by Verzik’s ranged attack.
Overhead prayer: Your ranged attack protects you for 35% health then changes to your mage attack. The fourth attack Verzik is going to do is an electricity attack. If you are too far away from Verzik, you could take 50 damage from this attack.
Nylocas that spawn should only be frozen, not destroyed. Verzik cannot be healed by a purple crab armed with a poison weapon such as the tentacle whip. Ensure your overhead prayer is set to magic and stay moving while doing your overhead prayer to dodge ranged attacks. Killing the red Nylocas after 35% health should be your first priority before you return to Verzik.
Verzik’s phase 2 is all about movement. Make sure you practice in and out movements.
Theatrical Blood III (Spider/Final Phase)
The Verzik Quick Guide for Phase 3 (Theater of Blood)
- Overhead prayers: Blue orbs represent magic prayers, green spikes represent ranged prayers
- The tank will be randomly selected by Verzik. In the same way that tanking General Graardor works, this player should use the “attack + walk under technique.”.
- The Order of Special Attacks by Verzik is Nylocas > Webs > Yellow pools > Bomb > repeat
- Tornadoes spawn at 20% and follow you, so keep your distance from them. Veziks’ attacks are much faster at 5 ticks each, so don’t let them catch up to you.
This phase consists of Verzik switching between magic and ranged attacks, with the conventional colors indicating which one he is using. In other words, green spikes indicate ranged attacks and blue orbs indicate magical attacks.
The tank job
A player is randomly assigned as Verzik’s tank. The tank applies the “attack – walk under” strategy, which is often used by General Graardor. Verzik will use an attack on you when you walk under her. You will attack her with your whip or scythe then quickly walk back under her. Do this repeatedly.
Spezial attacks of Verzik
A special attack occurs every four Verzik attacks, in the same order: Nylocases > Webs > Yellow Pools > Bombs > Repeat
A special attack, Nylocas, will be spawned after the first four attacks by verzik. Using ice barrage, players who are not tanking should freeze them, and then focus their attention on Verzik.
You should attack Verzik’s center on both sides when she enters web phase.
Pools of yellow light
If you run to the closest pool when pools spawn you will be protected from Verzik’s attacks. Every pool can only protect one person, and the number of pools that spawn depends on the number of players in the room.
An attack by green balls (bombs)
The purpose of brewing up after yellow pools is to ensure you can withstand green ball attacks and bombs. This attack deals 74 damage to one player targeted by Verzik.
Tornadoes that are purple
Verzik spawns purple tornadoes and chases players once his health reaches 20%. Make sure you don’t get caught up in the tornado, because it will heal Verzik. Tanks should be wary of Verzik during this part of the fight since she will increase her attack speed.
It is important to note that each player has a specific storm chasing them and only their specific storm can damage them.
A summary and tips for the OSRS game Theater of Blood
If you are starting out on raids 2, this OSRS Theatre of Blood Guide will be helpful. You should start a discord channel with your TOB group. You will be able to move forward in TOB much more effectively if you have a voice chat with your group.
You will need to practice before you and your team can handle the various bosses in the theatre of blood, which is end-game content in osrs. If you choose this path, it will cost you a lot of money (in supplies and the 100K upon death), so be prepared for that.
It is not uncommon for players to fail up to 100 times before gaining KC. TOB requires patience and perseverance and is a lengthy learning process.
Keep yourself from getting frustrated or discouraged by taking breaks.
0kc has been a part of all of our lives. Getting to 100kc is only possible with hard work and patience.
You should probably practice Chambers of Xeric first (and also find a group to do COX with) before moving on to the Theatre of Blood.
Check out Zulrah, as well, if you are very new to bossing in the osrs.
If you see any information missing from this theatre of blood guide, please let us know. You may also be interested in our skilling guides!